We are Mooresville Area Cyclists Group Rides Charity MAC Community MAC Poker Ride MAC Racing Series
RIDES (throughout Daylight Savings Time):
~ MAC hosts weekly group bike rides during peak riding season (March-Oct.) that leave from Food Lion at 1088 Brawley School Rd. in Mooresville on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Helmets are REQUIRED for ALL rides. Utilizing front AND rear lights is REQUIRED for everyone’s safety. All bikes are welcome, but PLEASE NOTE, aero bars are NOT to be utilized, unless, & ONLY if, you are in front ‘pulling’. When you come off of the front, come out of ‘aero’. Our rides can get big at times and it’s important to hold your line when riding in the group. Moving out of your line (most common when cornering) can cause serious issues. Also, earbuds, or the like, are not permitted.
Ride start times:
- All paces above 17 – 6:00 pm
- 16-17 pace ride – 5:30 pm
For ride status updates and weather related cancellations, join us on our Facebook group HERE.
***All participants must have a waiver on file.
Rides above 17 pace meet in the blue area (wheels down at 6:00 pm). 16-17 pace ride meets in the red area (wheels down at 5:30 pm).
We’re working with local town officials and police departments in an effort to ensure our roads are safer for all users.
What can I do to help ensure safer roads for all?
- When riding, always obey all traffic laws just as you would if you were operating a motor vehicle. Click HERE for the North Carolina Ride Guide.
- Attend your local city council meetings and let your voice be heard. Let your city officials know you support and desire protected bike lanes.
- Talk to local police departments about your desire to be safe and ask what you can do to ensure your safety. Work together to achieve your goals and gain their support. If you don’t feel this is something you can achieve on your own, talk to your local bike club leaders and ask for their involvement.
Become A Member
NC Ride Guide
The MAC Racing Series is a USA Cycling sanctioned criterium race series of six races on a closed course in Rock Hill South Carolina. The series includes races in categories 5 through 1 mixed as well as a women's only race and a juniors category. Races start on Saturday mornings and end in the early afternoon. Visit our website for more info.
Mooresville Area Cyclists (MAC) is a nonprofit bicycle club based is the Lake Norman area of North Carolina. Our club was founded in 2013 and has become one of the largest bicycle clubs in the area. MAC hosts a criterium racing series in the spring called MAC Racing Series as well as a charity bike ride called MAC Poker Ride . We host weekly rides on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s during peak riding season.